- 115 Singers
- Symphonic Orchestra
- Start Time: 2 pm on Sat; 7pm on Sun
- Disney Hall Box Office Opens: 12 pm / 5 pm
- Doors Open: 12:30 pm/5:30 pm
- ListenUp!: Preconcert talk 1 hour prior to curtain with Music Director Grant Gershon and KUSC Host Alan Chapman
Golden On Grand
A Gala Celebration
Sat, Jan 25, 2014
Dorothy Chandler Pavilion
Special anniversary benefit supporting the LA Master Chorale.
- Suzanne Anderson, soprano
- Elissa Johnston, soprano
- Suzanne Waters, soprano
- Janelle DeStefano, mezzo soprano
- Michelle Hemmings, mezzo soprano
- Callista Hoffman, mezzo soprano
- Adriana Manfredi, mezzo soprano
- Niké St. Clair, mezzo soprano
- Pablo Corá, tenor
- Jon Lee Keenan, tenor
- Vincent Robles, baritone
- Steve Pence, bass
- Johann Sebastian Bach | Mass in B Minor
It was the big bang that started it all! Not one single choral work goes further back with the LA Master Chorale than the B Minor Mass. The Dorothy Chandler Pavilion was only 123 days old when Music Director Roger Wagner stepped onto the stage to conduct Bach’s beloved masterpiece as the first-ever performance by the Los Angeles Master Chorale. Grant Gershon temporarily sets aside his penchant for intimate, historically informed performances to present a Bach concert designed to “blow the roof of Disney Hall,” featuring a much larger chorus and orchestra for this grand anniversary occasion.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Box Office: Tickets cannot be purchased in person at the Disney Hall Box Office until 2 hours before the performance. On concert days, box office staff can be reached at 213-972-7282 beginning at 1 pm for evening concerts and 10 am for matinees. You may also leave a message, and your call will be returned. Tickets can be purchased online 24/7 up until four hours prior to each concert.